- What Does the Average Online Poker Player Look Like? - PokerUpdate October 21, 2014PokerUpdateWhat Does the Average Online Poker Player Look Like?PokerUpdateWhen someone conjures up the image of an "online poker player" in their mind, the picture that normally pops into their head is one of a young (college age) white male, sitting behind a computer, and clicking away at pot after pot for hundreds or ...
- BENEFITS: Poker walk will aid breast cancer research - The Times (subscription) October 21, 2014BENEFITS: Poker walk will aid breast cancer researchThe Times (subscription)Krystal's Tavern also will participate in the event, which will include raffles, bags, music and information about breast cancer research. Poker walk maps and information will be distributed during registration. A $30 entry fee will include a T-shirt ...
- Meet The 2014 WSOP November Nine -- Andoni Larrabe - CardPlayer.com October 20, 2014Meet The 2014 WSOP November Nine -- Andoni LarrabeCardPlayer.comThe youngest player at the final table of the 2014 World Series of Poker main event is 22-year-old Andoni Larrabe from Basque, Spain. Larrabe is the first Spaniard to make the final table since Carlos Mortensen won the main event in 2001. He has $98 ...
- This Week In Tournament Poker -- Oct. 20 - 26 - CardPlayer.com October 20, 2014CardPlayer.comThis Week In Tournament Poker -- Oct. 20 - 26CardPlayer.comIn this Card Player weekly feature we look to provide our readers with a guide to some of the biggest poker events taking place in their area for the upcoming week. Check out all the tournament action set to go down in your own backyard from October ...and more »
- Norway Legalizes Live Poker Tournaments, Opens to Home Games - PokerNews.com October 20, 2014Norway Legalizes Live Poker Tournaments, Opens to Home GamesPokerNews.comFollowing the recommendations issued by Norway's Minister of Culture Thorhild Widvey in June and the thorough preparation work made by Norway's gambling regulator Lotteritilsynet, the new bill aims to permit home poker games and establish a brand new ...and more »
- Sebastian Pauli shows raw emotion following EPT London poker victory - SportingNews.com October 20, 2014CardPlayer.comSebastian Pauli shows raw emotion following EPT London poker victorySportingNews.comYet another German poker player has won big on the live tournament poker circuit. Student Sebastian Pauli (GPI#659) may be taking a few classes off this week following his victory at EPT London over the weekend. The 25-year-old takes home over $800K ...Sebastian […]
- Absolute rules don't have much of a place in poker - San Antonio Express-News October 20, 2014Absolute rules don't have much of a place in pokerSan Antonio Express-NewsSAN ANTONIO — There is only one way to talk about poker in absolute terms. Never adhere to them. They don't exist. Put them in the same mental real estate with the tooth fairy and that lucky slot machine that you think you can regularly beat ...
- Doug Polk Calls Out Daniel Negreanu For Insulting High-Stakes Poker Community - CardPlayer.com October 20, 2014CardPlayer.comDoug Polk Calls Out Daniel Negreanu For Insulting High-Stakes Poker CommunityCardPlayer.comThe following feature story appears in the latest issue of Card Player Magazine. Get your digital subscription for as little as $1.99 per month. The last 12 months have been an incredible ride for 25-year-old poker pro Doug Polk. The Pasadena ...Is GSN pl […]
- Going all-in on poker in Ohio - Zanesville Times Recorder October 20, 2014Zanesville Times RecorderGoing all-in on poker in OhioZanesville Times RecorderThat moment started what was dubbed “the poker boom” around the country. People around the world began playing poker — specifically Texas Hold 'Em — in basements, clubs and casinos with the hope of one day having their own Moneymaker moment.
- World's No. 1 poker player doesn't look like a high roller - Houston Chronicle October 18, 2014Houston ChronicleWorld's No. 1 poker player doesn't look like a high rollerHouston Chronicle"I started playing chess when I was 6," he said. "The next eight years, I played tournaments all over the East Coast. Poker was getting popular on TV around this time. At every tournament, as soon as the chess games were over, everybody was pl […]
- What Does the Average Online Poker Player Look Like? - PokerUpdate October 21, 2014