- Thinking Poker: One of Those Nights - PokerNews.com December 18, 2014PokerNews.comThinking Poker: One of Those NightsPokerNews.comA serious poker player should have more than one strategy in his bag of tricks. You can't rely on your opponents playing the way you want them to. You have to adapt to them, figure out where their leaks are, then craft your own play to take advantage ...
- EDITORIAL: Internet poker ban isn't working; broader gambling ban won't work ... - Las Vegas Review-Journal December 18, 2014CardPlayer.comEDITORIAL: Internet poker ban isn't working; broader gambling ban won't work ...Las Vegas Review-JournalThat Congress might once again pursue legislation to legalize interstate Internet poker is a good thing. That Congress is expected to do so as part of a broader ban on all other forms of Internet gambling is disappointing. Not becau […]
- NJ Online Poker Year One: In-Depth Analysis of Tournament Traffic [CHART] - OnlinePokerReport.com December 18, 2014OnlinePokerReport.comNJ Online Poker Year One: In-Depth Analysis of Tournament Traffic [CHART]OnlinePokerReport.comTournament volume trends are also of vital importance to the overall health of an online poker site. Armed with data provided courtesy of PocketFives, I sought to analyze the first-year performance of New Jersey's regulated online poker mar […]
- Stephen Graner Wins 2014 European Poker Tour Prague Main Event - CardPlayer.com December 17, 2014CardPlayer.comStephen Graner Wins 2014 European Poker Tour Prague Main EventCardPlayer.comThe 2014 European Poker Tour Prague €5,300 no-limit hold'em main event attracted a field of 1,107 entries, the highest turnout in the event's history. Seven days after the first card was dealt the field was narrowed down to just one player: 26-year-old ...Step […]
- Poker Pros: Newhouse courts danger at Main Event final table - Press of Atlantic City (blog) December 17, 2014Poker Pros: Newhouse courts danger at Main Event final tablePress of Atlantic City (blog)We feel most comfortable and focused when we are in control of a situation. At the poker table, a cold run of cards or a table full of tough opponents can make us feel uneasy and powerless. Under such conditions, many players become impatient and try ...and more »
- Maria Ho on Women, Poker and China: "What if We Just Got Rid of Ladies ... - PokerNews.com December 17, 2014PokerNews.comMaria Ho on Women, Poker and China: "What if We Just Got Rid of Ladies ...PokerNews.comDuring the past decade, the Los Angeles-based 31-year-old player from Taipei, Taiwan, worked as hard as possible to get herself a name in the poker industry and help the game to fight against clichés and ignorance. As a result, she managed to put ...
- High-Stakes Poker Player Dan Bilzerian Hires Casey Anthony's Former Attorney - CardPlayer.com December 17, 2014CardPlayer.comHigh-Stakes Poker Player Dan Bilzerian Hires Casey Anthony's Former AttorneyCardPlayer.comInstagram celeb and high-stakes poker player Dan Bilzerian has hired the lawyer who got the infamous Casey Anthony off on a murder charge in 2011 to help him fight a lawsuit from a woman in Florida who wants damages after Bilzerian allegedly kicked he […]
- Poker Strategy With Gavin Griffin: Identifying Fun or Recreational Players - CardPlayer.com December 16, 2014Poker Strategy With Gavin Griffin: Identifying Fun or Recreational PlayersCardPlayer.comIn his book, The Mental Game of Poker, Jared Tendler discusses some reasons that people go on tilt. The reasons are many and varied, but injustice is one of the ones he mentions and the one that applies here. Players, even good ones, can sometimes ...
- How Poker Is Like the Startup World, From a Real Pro - Entrepreneur December 16, 2014EntrepreneurHow Poker Is Like the Startup World, From a Real ProEntrepreneurI have a problem: I LOVE to play poker, and I suck. Once upon a time, I had dreams of making a career out of playing poker. In this fantasy, I would win some big tournament that would give me a decent bankroll and allow me to pursue a life of more ...and more »
- Cheryl Hines plays poker with Coolio as she hosts charity tournament - Daily Mail December 14, 2014Daily MailCheryl Hines plays poker with Coolio as she hosts charity tournamentDaily MailThe players tried their best hands at No Limit Texas Hold-Em Poker to take home the grand prize of $25,000. The One Step Closer Foundation is a non-profit organization that strives to ease the lives of those with Cerebral Palsy and raise money to ...
- Thinking Poker: One of Those Nights - PokerNews.com December 18, 2014