- 2014 Borgata Spring Poker Open: Abraham Korotki Wins the Championship Event - PokerNews.com April 19, 20142014 Borgata Spring Poker Open: Abraham Korotki Wins the Championship EventPokerNews.comKorotki, who outlasted 414 entries, now has over $1 million in career live tournament earnings, and four victories at Borgata, including the 2009 Borgata Poker Open Ladies Event. According to him, only Will Failla (five) has more wins at Borgata than him.and more »
- Day 1 Comes to a Close - CardPlayer.com April 18, 2014Day 1 Comes to a CloseCardPlayer.com... with 51,200 in chips. The remaining 259 players will be back in the tournament area on Saturday with cards getting in the air at 1 pm local time. Stay tuned to Card Player for continued coverage or Ireland's most historic and prestigious poker ...and more »
- Former online poker player hopes to unseat Congressman Mike Thompson - Contra Costa Times April 18, 2014Former online poker player hopes to unseat Congressman Mike ThompsonContra Costa TimesJames Hinton of Napa, a former online Texas Hold 'Em poker player, is doing something no Republican has dared to this year: He's going all in and challenging incumbent Democratic U.S. Rep. Mike Thompson in the heavily Democratic 5th Congressional ...and more »
- 2014 Paddy Power Poker Irish Open: Defending Champ Ian Simpson On Day 1 - CardPlayer.com April 18, 20142014 Paddy Power Poker Irish Open: Defending Champ Ian Simpson On Day 1CardPlayer.comThe 2014 PaddyPower Poker Irish Open main event is underway at the Double Tree Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. Early on day one more than 400 players took their seats in the €2,250 no-limit hold'em main event, looking to become the latest champion of this ...
- Online Poker: Nikolaus Jedlicka Wins $916000 - CardPlayer.com April 18, 2014CardPlayer.comOnline Poker: Nikolaus Jedlicka Wins $916000CardPlayer.comPoker pro Nikolaus Jedlicka, who plays under “Niki Jedlicka”, didn't start playing on Full Tilt Poker this year until this month, but over the past couple of weeks or so he is up a staggering $1.6 million, according to tracking data from HighstakesDB ...
- A $1 million Passover gift - Sun-Sentinel April 18, 2014WPECA $1 million Passover giftSun-SentinelEric Afriat brooded Monday night about missing his mother's Passover celebration in her West Boca Raton home, and considered ditching his seat in a Hollywood poker tournament. Monday night's poker session went especially late, running from noon until ...Man skips out on family Seder to go to casino, wins $1 […]
- N. Idaho tribe says state poker ban doesn't apply - Washington Times April 17, 2014KTVBN. Idaho tribe says state poker ban doesn't applyWashington TimesHelo Hancock, the tribe's legislative director, said several legal opinions have led the tribe to conclude that poker is exempt from state regulation under the federal Indian Gaming Regulatory Act. But Jeff Anderson of the Idaho State Lottery ...Coeur d'Alene Tribe's pla […]
- 7 types of poker players you never want to play with - USA TODAY April 16, 20147 types of poker players you never want to play withUSA TODAYA game of poker is one of life's great pleasures … with the right people around. If you've got a table, whether it's virtual or online, full of friends and/or people who love poker as much as you do, it will be time well-spent, win or lose. Though ...
- Maryland amateur gets to test himself against the pros at 'Poker Night in America' - Washington Post April 14, 2014Maryland amateur gets to test himself against the pros at 'Poker Night in America'Washington PostIn the moments before the first hand was dealt, before one amateur and seven pros sat down to play in a made-for-TV poker game, Gene Drubetskoy plopped an enormous brick of cash onto the “Poker Night in America” table and shrugged. “Sorry, that's a […]
- Atlantic City casino claims poker champ Phillip Ivey cheated to win $9.6 million - CNN April 14, 2014Atlantic City casino claims poker champ Phillip Ivey cheated to win $9.6 millionCNN(CNN) -- An Atlantic City casino is suing poker champion Phillip Ivey Jr., claiming he cheated his way to more than $9.6 million in winnings. The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa alleges in a lawsuit filed Wednesday that Ivey exploited a defect in the line ...
- 2014 Borgata Spring Poker Open: Abraham Korotki Wins the Championship Event - PokerNews.com April 19, 2014
Tag Archives: daily
FTP Lawyer Answers Questions Full Tilt’s lawyer, Jeff Ifrah, has joined the Two Plus Two forums and has been active in issuing statements and responding to questions about Full Tilt’s situation. The change in activity follows the end of an … Continue reading
D.C. To Kick Off Online Poker The D.C. Lottery Corporation will begin trials for its online intrastate poker service by September 1st. 20-30 locations around the city will give access to regulated poker sites. The effort is expected to create … Continue reading
Battle For Second Place Continues PartyPoker has retaken the second place ranking on PokerScout from the iPoker Network. The poker network obtained second place standing last week, but now averages about 150 fewer real cash players than Party Poker. Poker … Continue reading
Gabe Kaplan Returns Some Money According to a report, Gabe Kaplan has given back nearly half the money he won at the alleged illegal high stakes Hollywood poker game. No Significant Interest For November 9 Considering the volatility of the … Continue reading
Changes To WPT In Season X The Bicycle Casino is hosting the first step of the 10th season of the World Poker Tour. Several new stops have been announced in the United States and Europe. The poker community discusses some … Continue reading
Online Poker Watchdog Reports The ‘Online Poker Watchdog’ is an independent organization which monitors millions of online poker hands to determine if online poker sites are being run fairly and securely or if they are rigged. Thus far, they have … Continue reading
Poker headlines 30-08-2011: FTP Lawyer Answers Questions Who Knew About Bluff Chip Dump Black Friday’ Cost In U.S. Jobs Why US Online Poker Is Far Away What Makes Good Poker TV Kimberly As WPT Hostess Meet With Senators, Reps The … Continue reading
Brunson Backs Down To US A writer talks about how Doyle Brunson has not stood up against the US Department of Justice. He points out that Brunson previously believed he was operating ‘in the clear’ before the online poker crackdown, … Continue reading
US Politics And Poker A writer looks into the political landscape as it relates to online poker. He believes that the efforts by the online poker community to differentiate itself from the rest of the online gambling industry have failed. … Continue reading